The rules for how you want to use iCallUOut are that there are no rules. It’s not a trivia game or specific to single topic (e.g. sports) or driven by exact outcomes. You establish the call out to another user on ANYTHING and the game is on. The game flow simple:
- You call out another iCallUOut user to something. For example “I will eat these 10 jalapeno peppers in 1 minute”.
- You can look up other users from your Facebook friends, device contact list, existing users you have call outs with or enter a specific phone number or email.
- If the person you want to call out is not an existing iCallUOut user, you can invite them from within iCallUOut to download the app and join the fun.
- The called out user can either Accept, Reject or Ignore your call out.
- By accepting they agree that your call out will happen.
- Reject means they think you are full of it and it won’t happen – these are the most fun.
- Ignore means they aren’t up for taking on this call out from you.
- Once the event is complete, either person can declare the outcome. There aren’t referees, parents or others making sure you play nice. It’s a fun app for entertainment purposes so be big boys and girls when determining who wins.
- Either person can select “I won” which means I was right, “I lost” – bummer but I’m willing to admit it or “N/A” if the outcome of the call out can’t be easily determined.
After a winner is declared, the iCallUOut Leaderboard is updated with scores reflecting who won or lost. The leaderboard lets you know how you are doing against specific people you’ve called out AND how your iCallUOut skills rank against other iCallUOut players. Easy, fast and fun.
Also, since you want to let the world know how proficient you are at outwitting other iCallUOut users, you can tout your victories and other stories on Facebook from within iCallUOut.